Subliminal Messages: Fact or Fiction?
Get ready for a shock, a statement that might blow your mind and send you reeling in disbelief:
Subliminal messages work!
Despite some bad press to the contrary, evidence exists that proves subliminal messages can be an effective way to achieve a range of goals under certain controlled conditions. If you want them to work for you, here’s what you need to know:
- Not all subliminal message delivery systems are created equally. Make sure you get yours from a reputable supplier who has been in business for a long time and has plenty of satisfied customers.
- To make subliminal messages work in your favor, you need to be motivated to change. If you have a passionate desire to lose weight, to quit smoking, or to improve your productivity, for example, then subliminal messaging technology will help you achieve your goal.
- Using subliminal messages to enable you to make changes in your life is not a cop-out. They’re just another tool you have at your disposal to break bad habits and encourage new behaviors.
Here’s another way to look at it. If subliminal messages don’t work, why is there so much information written about them? Why do so many companies provide subliminal audio and video sessions? Surely if those sessions were useless, people would stop buying them and the companies would go out of business. But that’s not what’s been happening.
The Scientific Basis for Subliminal Messages
Your brain is the most complex machine known to man. It’s so complicated in fact, that even today we don’t know all that much about it. Some things, however, have been known for centuries.
We know, for example, that humans have a conscious and a subconscious mind. In simple terms, your conscious mind is only active when you’re awake. Your subconscious, on the other hand, is always active, and that brings up fascinating possibilities.
In the course of your day, you might hear or see something for a split-second. In your conscious state you don’t take any notice of it, maybe because you’re rushing to get back to work after lunch, or struggling to get your car into the supermarket car park, or focused on what you’re going to prepare for your evening meal. You’re busy, there’s a lot to do, and there are only so many hours in the day. Makes sense that you couldn’t possibly focus on every single thing that happens.
Your subconscious mind, however, isn’t burdened by those decisions. It doesn’t have to worry about tonight’s meal, or driving the car, or getting back to the office, and so it’s free to let whatever else is going on around you drift right on in. So even if you’ve been exposed to “something” for a split-second, your subconscious mind stores it away and you will be able to recall it at a later date.
It Just Pops Into Your Head
Ever sat watching a TV quiz show when a question came up that you answered instinctively? Then wondered how you knew it in the first place? It happens all the time. The information goes in, without your knowledge, and then when you need it… bam, it’s there. That’s the power exploited by subliminal messaging technology – the limitless power of the human mind.
The most important thing to remember about all this is that you have to be motivated to want to change. If you really want to do something about your figure, or your health, or your productivity, then subliminal technology will assist you in getting there.
Eat More Popcorn: The Truth about Subliminal Messaging Technology
The story goes that market researcher James Vicary conducted an experiment to prove the effectiveness of subliminal messages.
Vicary exposed movie-goers to short subliminal messages containing the phrases “Eat Popcorn” and “Drink Coca-Cola” that were believed to have increased sales for those particular products. When challenged, Vicary was unable to replicate the results and was forced to admit that the data was too small to be of any real or lasting significance. Whether these messages did influence the audience, the story and its reported outcomes helped to spur on investigation into how our brains work.
Things have moved on a great deal since Vicary’s time. New technology has made it possible for researchers to study what happens in the human brain in incredible detail. F MRI (functional magnetic resonance imaging) machines are able to map the activity of the brain by detecting changes in blood flow as brain activity varies. What many of these researchers are trying to discover with these techniques is the extent to which the subconscious brain influences the decision-making process. It has even resulted in the creation of a whole new branch of scientific study, called neuroscience.
So Do Subliminal Messages Work?
Here’s what we know so far…
Our brain has two distinct sides to it, the conscious and the subconscious. For many years we believed that every decision we made was done so in a rational manner, consciously chosen by us. But new research (check out Leonard Mlodinow’s book ‘Subliminal: How Your Unconscious Mind Rules Your Behavior’) is challenging that idea in a big way.
It now appears that your subconscious mind is the control center, thought to be a million times more powerful than the conscious mind. Scientists are suggesting that every action you take, and every decision you make, is the result of a set of subconscious processes. So even though you think you’re making conscious, rational decisions, your subconscious is actually feeding that information to its less potent cousin.
For anyone interested in the application of subliminal messaging technology, that’s a significant fact. We now know for certain that the subconscious is the boss, the bit of our brain that’s in control, running our lives and informing our behavior. It therefore makes more sense than ever to find ways to use that knowledge that will enable people to make real changes in their lives.
Hungry for Answers
There’s still a long way to go and plenty more to be discovered, but one thing is certain. Any tool or technique that manages to infiltrate the subconscious mind has a good chance of helping people take more control over their lives. Research clearly indicates that, in order for any kind of serious change to take place, the subject has to be motivated to make that change happen. It seems perfectly logical then that with the right incentive and access to bona fide, reputable subliminal recordings, it should be relatively easy to eliminate bad habits, boost brain power, infuse yourself with energy, or any of hundreds of other improvements.
So is it the message that’s important, or the motivation? In the end, what matters is the result. More and more people are turning to subliminal messaging technology to improve the quality of their lives – and as long as it works for them, that’s all the justification the technology will ever need.
How to Create Your Own Simple Subliminal Messages
Subliminal messaging technology is a complicated mixture of many different variables that can’t be thrown together at home in some kind of DIY fashion. However, there are some simple steps you can take that will help you come up with basic subliminal message recordings.
Why make your own recordings, especially when there are so many ready-made ones available? You might want to target a specific need using your own voice, or using your partner’s voice, or using a particular musical track. Devising your own recording in this way adds that personal touch you can’t get anywhere else.
Here’s what you need to do:
- Pinpoint the reason for the recording. In other words, what do you want the recording to help you achieve? What do you want to change? What’s the ultimate goal behind making the recording in the first place? Be as specific as you possibly can so that you’ll be able to fine-tune your messages for maximum impact.
- Write positive affirmations that fit your specific goal. Affirmations are generally short, positive, and written in the first person. If your goal is to lose weight, for example, then your affirmations might resemble these:
- I can lose weight easily.
- I am able to stick to my diet.
- I am getting slimmer every day.
The more positive affirmations you write the better. You want to be able to influence your subconscious mind with as many positive and motivating phrases as possible.
- Put your affirmations to work on your behalf. There are two different ways you can do this:
- Choose the 5 strongest affirmations, write them down, and repeat them to yourself every morning and night.
- Record all the affirmations and listen to them at any time of day when you have a few minutes of spare time.
2. If you want to record your affirmations in a more professional manner, you’ll need to use some form of audio recording software. This allows you to layer vocal and musical tracks together, mix them up, play them backwards, pan them from left to right, and so on. Free software such as Audacity would be perfect for this.
3. Save your recording as an Audacity file, even if you think it’s perfect. You can export it as an MP3 file to play on any device, but there may come a time in the future when you want to add additional affirmations to it. Saving it in this manner gives you the option of changing or extending the subliminal recording at a later date.
4. Transfer your MP3 recording to the medium of your choice (CD, phone, MP3 player, etc.) and listen to it at your leisure. Best times for listening are when you’re not busy doing something else, and while you’re sleeping. Listen while you’re relaxing to give the messages a chance to make their way into your subconscious, without outside distractions making things more difficult.
The final crucial ingredient in the process is patience. If you expect to read your affirmations or listen to your messages once and completely change your life, you’re going to be disappointed. Your subconscious mind needs time to absorb the information and reprogram itself to your new way of thinking, and that takes as long as it takes. So be persistent, keep listening (or reading), and your dedication and determination will be rewarded.
If that all sounds like too much hard work, you can take advantage of hundreds of ready-made subliminal messages using the very latest technology. Check online to explore the wide range of sessions which have been specially designed to address almost every area of your life.
Thank you for reading.